Last updated: 
1 week 3 days ago
Group Manager
New: Next NHS-HE Forum 22nd November 2018 NHS-Higher Education Connectivity Project: about NHS-HE Forum: about+archive, last meeting, next - 22 November 2018 Scotland NHS-HE Forum:archive, last- 27th October 2016, next - tba NHS-HE Connectivity Best Practice Working Group: about; Headings: Access from NHS Desktops; Use of Terminal services; NHS & HE networking securely, including: NHS & eduroam/wireless/govroam, List of hospitals providing eduroam See also Govroam  - roaming federation for the public services, blogs NHS-HE Information Governance Working Group and IG resources N3 Janet Gateway - turned off on 31st January 2018 Other Strands: Joint Content Procurement; Identity & Access Management; NHS as Janet Business & Community Engagement Partners; .....NHS impact 'Live@Edu' to 'Office365 for Education' Please join this group and comment, also the parallel NHS-HE Forum JISCMAIL group for email updates.

Group administrators:

NHS-HE Forum November 2018

5 October 2018 at 4:21pm
Date: 
Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 10:00
Description: 

The next NHS-HE Forum will be on Thursday 22nd  November 2018, starting at 10.30 (coffee from 10.00) and finishing at 15.30. The venue is to be confirmed but will be in or close to the Bloomsbury area of London.

I’m delighted to announce the programme will include:

• Adrian Byrne, CIO at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust with a key note. Adrian is a national leader in health informatics and is the Chair of the Digital Health CIO Network and involved in many, if not all, of the current national initiatives as the Trust is a Global Digital Exemplar (GDE) site and part of the new Wessex Local Health and Care Record Exemplar (LHCRE), one of five in England. Adrian has also spearheaded the development of a personal health record, “My Medical Record”, now with 10,000 users. And then there is liaison with the University of Southampton and innovation such as the use of chat bots!
  • Byron George,  IT manager and PCMIS director for the Department of Health Sciences at the University of York, on providing an IT solution to the NHS from a University setting i.e. PCMIS which is  a case management system for mental health services used by many Trusts.
  • Wendy Craig, University of Newcastle and Chair of the NHS-HE Information Governance Working Group, with an update and feedback from the Working Group’s Training Day, kindly hosted by QMUL, last July.

More details to follow soon, including a registration link, but if you are interested in possibly attending then I would be grateful if you could save the date.